2 Weeks for $25
regular Jenstar classes
(Expires 14 days from purchase)
How have things changed at Jenstar during COVID times?
Due to COVID19 and circumstances that were out of our control- We had to close our physical location in De Pere. We have served the Green Bay, WI area for the past 6 years. We do hope to reopen a brick and mortar again when the time is right, but have taken a creative pivot to teach yoga and barre classes online. Join us for Jenstar LIVE! Virtual Classes daily through Zoom, with option for 48 hours playback. A cool bonus (silver lining) is ANYONE can now join us regardless of where you live world wide. We still would love local support from our Northeast Wisconsin Yoga Community during this time, but look forward to the extended connection with new friends and clients who have moved away throughout the years.
We have 20 offerings a week, with two classes “in-person” at Badger State Brewery! Our in person offerings are Tuesday Night Dance Outside through October + Thursday Night Vinyasa at 5:30pm in the Barrel Haus.
We no longer use Mind Body Software and have made a change! App users please download the fitDEGREE app. Everyone should be signed-up at least 45 minutes before any virtual class. A link is automatically sent 30 minutes in advance.
What should I bring with me to Virtual + In-person Classes?
Below is a helpful guideline of what you can bring to class:
- Jenstar Barre Classes: yoga mat, a barre (chair/counter area), bare feet (or sticky socks), light hand weights, playground ball, resistance band, and yoga block (Kristine’s class), sweat towel. Please contact us if you need props- we will rent them to you!
- Vinyasa Yoga: yoga mat, 1-2 blocks, 1 blanket, sweat towel
- Jenstar Beginner/ Slow Flow Yoga Classes: yoga mat,1-2 yoga blocks,1-2 blankets (towels) , strap (belt/dish towel)
- Restorative + Yin Yoga: yoga mat, bolster (pillows), 1-2 Blankets (beach towels), blocks optional
- Adult Dance Classes (currently outside): sneakers on grass, clothing layers for weather, water bottle, sweat towel
- Cardio + Boot Camp Classes: 1-2 sets of weights (one light, one heavy), water bottle, sweat towel.
Specific to IN PERSON classes at Badger State Brewery: During COVID19 Times, Participants are required to bring their own mat and preferred props for in-person classes. We ask that masks are worn in doors! It is always a good idea to come about 10 minutes early to check-in and get settled. Carry in only what you need and leave everything else in the car.
If doing an outdoor class please dress for the weather.
I’m a total beginner, what classes should I start with?
- We have a couple Beginner-friendly yoga classes: Tuesdays at 7:30pm, Wednesdays at 5pm Both are currently online. However, new clients can go to any of our classes to see what level feels right!
- If you are a new practitioner and feel a little nervous- we would love to answer any questions you may have! Talking out your concerns with the instructor before/after class can be helpful.
- Private instruction is an option to have some one on one time! The session is tailored completely to you. You can take the information and bring it into group classes feeling more confident! Contact us if you’d like to do a private session.
Are there age limits for participants?
- The only class that has a specific age requirement is our Adult Dance classes. You must be 18+ to participate.
- For other classes, adults are welcome to accompany a minor if they have a general interest to participate, and are not distracting for other members.
- Everyone must sign a waiver to participate and be registered in advance.
How HOT is Heated Vinyasa Yoga?
DUE TO COVID19 WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING HEATED CLASSES FOR SUMMER 2020.
We do not consider our classes “hot yoga”. The core temperature of the room during a heated class is around 85-87 degrees with some air flow. In the humid summer, it might reach 90 degrees. The warmth of the room paired with deep pranayama (breath) will make for a sweaty practice vs a non-heated class (temp between 73-75). We encourage participants to work at their own pace and take breaks as needed.
What happens if I am put on a waitlist for class?
- The waitlist will notify participants by EMAIL ONLY. It will stop enrolling waitlist participants 1 hour before class.
- Clients added from the waitlist to class who fail to show will still be charged for class. No exceptions.
- When enrolling on the waitlist- please make sure user account settings are set to YES for receiving Jenstar Studio email notifications. If you signed-up on the waitlist for class but are unsure if you got it- contact us! Please do not show up.
Are there any policies or information that I should be aware of?
- All classes and packages do expire and are final sale! Here are the following expirations: single class (30 days), 5 + 10 packs (3 months as of June 2020), unlimited pack (30 pays from first class used). We have it in our online communication and you will see the details on your printed receipt. Please select a pack that will allow you to be able to use the classes within the specific time frame.
- During Covid19 times, all classes must have advance registration. No walk-ins permitted. We ask that in-person client please wear a face mask when entering/exiting studio, but you do not have to wear mask when on your mat for practice.
- All re-occurring weekly class cancellations must be made 2hrs before the start of class. If you fail to cancel, you will be charged. Everyone has access through their online sign-up profile to adjust their schedule and cancel.
- Workshops and specialty classes/events do not have a cancellation window- if you can not make it, you will be charged due to the nature that it is a “one time” occurrence. Please be mindful around this.
- No cell phones allowed in the classroom please! Special circumstances are given for those who are on call for their jobs. If you are on call, please alert the teacher before class so there is mutual understanding. We want everyone to have an opportunity to detach from technology and connect with the present- that is where the magic is!
Jenstar LIVE! Virtual Class Guidelines:
- Please sign-up at least 45 minutes in advance for all online classes! (5:30 am classes require sign-up by 9 pm the night before)
- An automated Zoom link is emailed to all participants 30 minutes (on the dot) before class. *This is why it is important to sign-up before the 30-minute mark.
- On Zoom, it is your choice to have the camera on or off. Please make sure your microphone is muted. Many classes ask for participants to have additional props to enhance the client experience. See our class descriptions here.
- Can’t make class? Want to do it again? You can still sign-up! All registered participants will have access to reply to the class for up to 48 hrs before the class deletes from the cloud.