I’m new to the studio, how do I sign up for classes?
- All students must sign-up online prior to attending. This is very important, as we do cap the class size for quality assurance. To sign up- click on the schedule tab, select the class you would like to attend, and enter appropriate payment at checkout. Everyone must sign-up individually and input the correct information in case we would have to get ahold of you beforehand.
- For new clients, you have the option to select 2 weeks or unlimited yoga only for $20, or any 3 classes for $27 (must use in 30 days). Drop-in rate is $17 for out of town guests
- We ask that new students come about 15 minutes early to class for introductions and to get settled.
Are there age limits for participants?
- The only class that has a specific age requirement is our Adult Dance class. You must be 18+ to sign-up.
- For other classes, are welcome to bring your child with you to class if they have a general interest to participate and are not distracting for other members. We have had students as young as 8-10 (accompanied by a parent) and many teens come with a friend or two. Everyone must be signed up online in advance. If your kids enjoy coming, take advantage of our student rates!
Where do we park and enter?
- Jenstar Movement Studio is located in Nicolet Square in West De Pere facing Main Avenue. We do not use the Main Avenue entrance, so all participants are asked to park and enter from behind the building in Nicolet Square. We are next to 416 Cuisine cooking school. There is a Jenstar sign out back in the courtyard.
What should I bring with me to class?
- When coming to class it is always a good rule of thumb to bring a water and towel. If you are coming to yoga or barre- please bring a yoga mat. We supply all the props that you will need during class.
- Yoga: water, towel, yoga mat, bare feet.
Barre: water, towel, yoga mat, bare feet.
Dance: water, towel, choice or foot attire-bare feet, socks, soft clean dance slippers/sneakers that are not street shoes.
- Coming from work? We have 2 bathrooms at the studio you are welcome to change in. We do not have showers.
I’m a total beginner, what classes should I start with?
- For dance and barre, beginners will jump in and get their feet wet! Please let us know your concerns before class and we will help you modify! We do have a beginner adult dance class on Tuesday nights at 5:30.
- For yoga, if you are looking to “go slow” we recommend the beginner/slow flow classes or the stress-free yoga class. We also have a FREE meditation and mindfulness class every Sunday, which is minimal asana (physical movement) but encompasses the breath and yogic philosophy.
How HOT is Heated Vinyasa Yoga?
- We do not consider our classes “hot yoga”. The core temperature of the room during a heated class is around 85-87 degrees with some air flow. In the humid summer, it might reach 90 degrees. The warmth of the room paired with deep pranayama (breath) will make for a sweaty practice vs a non-heated class (temp between 73-75). We encourage participants to work at their own pace and take breaks as needed.
What happens if I am put on a waitlist for class?
- If you are joining the waitlist- please make sure in your account settings that you are signed up for email/notifications! The waitlist will notify participants by EMAIL ONLY. It will stop enrolling waitlist participants 2 hours before class so that everyone has a fair shot to make other arrangements.
- Important: If you are input into class from the waitlist and fail to show- you will be charged! We enforce this policy.
Are there any policies or information that I should be aware of?
- All classes and packages do expire and are final sale! Everything from single classes, bundled packs and unlimited packs expire. It will tell you online before you purchase and be written on your receipt. Please select a pack that allows you to be able to use the classes within the time frame. Special event classes and workshops are final sales as well.
- All cancellations must be made 3hrs before the start of class. If you fail to cancel, you will be charged. Everyone has access on their online sign-up profile to adjust their schedule and cancel.
- No cell phones in the classroom please! It is rude and distracting to the teacher and other students. The only people allowed to bring in a cell phone are those who are on call for their jobs. If you are on call, please alert the teacher before class so there is mutual understanding.